Walter Bainbridge Kozlowski was born today, November 13, 2008!!
He was 8 pounds 7 ounces, 20 and a half inches long, born at 4:07pm.
FUNNY STORY!!
OK, so mommy had gotten dressed into her normal clothes so she could go home, and I was holding Walter who was all wrapped up in the warm blanket. He was sleeping in my arms and was just so cute! Mommy said it was time to dress him, so I asked if I could. And yes, I got to be there for the birth, which was way cool! Anyways, so Walter’s clothes were laid out on the bed, so I went over, sat on the bed and got him dressed. He was very go-with-the-flow; let me dress him and everything without crying. He showed a couple adorable faces of discontentment, but didn’t cry. When he was dressed, I wrapped him in the warm blanket, and just sat on the bed holding him.
As I was sitting there, the nurse walked in. It was a nurse that hadn’t been in there before, there had been a shift and everything, so it was a totally new lady, and here is the scene she saw:
I was sitting on the bed with Walter, daddy I think was doing something on his computer and mommy was sitting in the chair, she had gotten her lipstick back on and was all dressed to go.
The nurse politely greeted everyone, then looked at me and said, “So how are you feeling?” as if I was the mother! Haha yeah it was a little weird. I pointed to mommy and said, “She’s the mother, I’m just the big sister.”
So yeah, it was kind of funny! And I was very proud, whenever mommy or daddy told one of the nurses that Walter was number 9, I would say, “And I’m number one!”
So, mommy is doing very well, we are all back home! Walter is doing so well. We were only at the hospital for four hours, so praise the Lord for that!
It really did amaze me to see Walter come out, I had my eyes on him for the first few minutes of his life, I didn’t look away, I couldn’t! it was just so cool, I was looking at Walter thinking, “That’s my little brother!” and it made my eyes glisten with joy! I’m the proudest big sister in the world!
The one thing I can’t stop thinking about though is, maybe one day that will be me. That’s a little weird and scary. A guy doesn’t see birth the same way, but for me…and any other girl, that’s…well you girls know.
I’ll upload some pictures of Walter soon.
Walter looks forward to meeting each and every one of you in time! For now, we are going to have a family weekend.
Love you all!
ErikaLeigh
The R Factors of Discipleship
17 years ago
1 comment:
yay!
Post a Comment